The Projected Balance report should have a "Remaining budgeted" (or something similar) filter option.
- you currently have 1000$ on your payment account.
- you budgeted 300$ for fuel.(budgeted amount) / month
- you already spent 80$ for fuel (paid trx) in the month
- you know you will need to refuel for 50$ tomorrow (planned trx, also within the month)
- Currently it would show: 1000-80-50 = 870
- By having the Remaining budgeted filter option, it would show: 1000-80-50- (300-80-50) = 700
One question might come up though. What should be the date of this virtual trnx about the 170 remaining. Well, ideally it should be distributed evenly for the remaining days in the budget period. If that is too complicated then simply to the last day of the budget period.
Please sign in to leave a comment.